McKean Rehabilitation Center – for people and the land
The McKean Rehabilitation Center is on the East bank of the Ping River.
With a history dating back to its establishment as a Leper colony in 1907 through to activities as diverse as training in organic agriculture, as described in the blue link above, McKean, as is is affectionately referred to continues to develop.
Today Ricky from Gum Hak Doi Suthep and Klaus a Sarapee resident and former agriculture worker at McKean had the npleasure of meeting McKean’s new director Mr Somchai and bring a load of Chiang Mai indigenous trees to plant in the center’s extensive grounds.
As the four Google Earth pictures above show the grounds are very extensive and planning for planting will be quite a challenge.