Bring the Elephant Home is organizing a tree planting event to support the Elephant Nature Park and to create a future elephant jungle.
Last year the Elephant Nature Park was able to buy a new piece of land. The property is about 100 acres, surrounded by protected forests, and has some beautiful streams running through it. When they bought it, the land was mainly used for cabbage plantations. These plantations are gone now, so many hands are needed to restore the forest and to make this a true elephant’s paradise!
The coming five years they have to plant many trees that will attract birds and other wild animals. This way the natural seed distributors will automatically visit their land from the neighboring forests, and plant more trees for them. At the moment the ENP established one house and some bathrooms on the property and planted many trees already. As soon as the forest returns, the Elephant Nature Park wants to use the land as a second elephant heaven. Some elephants from the park will live there in freedom, without much interaction with people. Volunteers can observe the elephants from some tree houses, that will be build in the future. At the moment there are no elephants on the land yet.
Help realizing this dream and restore the forest with us! The event will be held on July 3rd in Mae Tang area.
- 8.30 A.M: Meet at Chang Puak Songteew – bus station in Chiang Mai city.
- 10.00 A.M: Arrival of all volunteers. Welcome by ENP / BTEH and tree planting instruction.
- 10.20 A.M: Start planting, with water / fruit break.
- 12.00 A.M: Lunch.
- 1.00 P.M: Continue tree planting and collect all garbage / plastic bags.
- 2.00 P.M: Possibility to swim at the (small) waterfall at the property.
- 3.00 P.M: Drive back to Chiang Mai city.
Good to bring:
- Sun block
- Cap or hat
- Comfortable closed shoes that can get dirty
- Water bottle
- Rain coat
- Insect repellent
- Long sleeve shirt & trousers
- Cloths to swim
- Dry cloths
To cover some of the cost of the seedlings, food, drinks and transportation they kindly ask for a donation to participate in this event.
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more
More details can be found here: